Submitted by Dondrea Brownlow

dondrea brownlow is a 29 year-old accountant who punches a 10-key by day and wields craft scissors by night. you can read her blog - butterscotch opinions, here.

Here are Dondrea's "Five Rules for Life":

1.) Laugh at yourself. Often.
I do something everyday worthy of laughter. Whether it's tripping over my own foot, talking with a Southern twang as I tend to do when I'm overly comfortable, or cursing out the folks in traffic - totally laugh worthy. Now that I think about it, I do things to make other people laugh too. Especially if they're witness to any of the above situations.

2.) Organize your purse or wallet.
Nothing makes a suckier morning than having to fish through your purse for keys in the morning. Or holding up the Starbucks line because you can't locate change or that stinkin' debit card that decided to hide along the bottom of your bag. If you're in line in front of me with that mess, I'm cutting you the evil eye and making it a laugh-worthy event. (See #1. Cue the cursing folks out - in my head, of course.)

3.) Have a guilty pleasure, and INDULGE ... in moderation!
My guilty pleasure is chocolate. My absolute indulgence is chocolate covered strawberries from Godiva. Enough said.

4.) Get a dog, preferably a Shih Tzu.
Brinks is one of my bestest friends. He curls up next to me and lets me rub his stomach even when I'm in a bad mood. He gives me puppy kisses ALL the time. And he even lets me tag along on his evening walks. Oh yeah, he's small and in charge! Seriously, he's one of the best things I've ever done in life. He's made me more responsible and more caring than I was before he came. He's truly brought out the mommy in me.

5.) Turn off the technology for an hour a day - no cell phone, no Facebook, no TV.
I don't want to wake up one morning and wonder what I did with my life. I would hate to have spent all of my waking hours reading about your life and not living my own. So, with that said, get your butt up and go live life!

Dondrea currently resides in Atlanta, Georgia.

______________________________