Submitted by Bill Rafferty

bill rafferty is a police officer, husband, animal lover, and loyal friend.

Here are Bill's "Five Rules For Life":

1.) Be honest.
To everyone - friends, family, co-workers, and especially yourself. If you don't have your integrity, you don't have anything.

2.) Be loyal to those who deserve it.
Not everyone deserves it and when you identify a person who can be put on that list, cherish them.

3.) Be brave.
Bravery isn't a lack of fear, bravery is action in the face of fear.

3.) Challenge yourself.
Every now and then we will be faced with two paths - opt for the more challenging and you may be surprised at what you can do (see #3).

5.) Follow your heart.
I knew that I was born to be a police officer, and at 34-years old I am a rookie cop and I LOVE my job. Find your passion and do what you have to do to make it a reality.



Bill currently resides in Grayslake, Illinois.

______________________________