Submitted by Ed Kuyon

ed kuyon is the director of supply chain services. he has a bachelor's degree from ohio state and an mba from the university of texas at arlington, and is happily married (19 years to cathy) and the father of an 11-year old daughter (kayleigh) and an 8-year old son (austin).

Here are Ed's "Five Rules For Life":

1.) Put Faith first.
As good as one may have it, God has a plan for something even better. As I progress in my walk in faith, I can look back and see so many ways in which my life would have been better and more fulfilling had I let God lead rather than rely on my own vision. This is not to say one should be a passive observer to life. But when you truly accept Christ as Lord and Savior, you are literally changed. As you spend more time in His Word and in prayer you become attuned to where God is leading you in life. Like anything, it is not all wine and roses - but with God in my life, I fear nothing and I know that even during my lowest lows, God is with me - supporting me and guiding me.

2.) Make family a priority.
I blinked and my infant daughter is fast approaching the teen years. My baby boy is nearly as tall as my mother and starting to have intelligent conversations with me about sports. I am so thankful that I have made family a priority in my life. I have enjoyed the highs and the lows, the good and the not quite as good. All of this has helped me to be happier and, as stressful as parenthood can be, much more relaxed in life.

3.) Live life and never grow up.
It is a cliché but it is true. Work to live, do not live to work. I work because I have to work. Being an adult is not fun, but being a kid is fun. I am happy and it permeates my life and a large part of that is that I have tried to keep a child-like outlook on life. I love my job and am very happy; however my idea of living life to the fullest is not 40-50 hours in an office each week. I would rather spend time with my wife and children. I would rather be volunteering through my church. That said, having my work/life ratio in a proper balance actually makes me much more effective in my work. I strive to find better, more effective, and more efficient ways to accomplish my work goals so that I can keep my work at work and have plenty of time enjoying life outside the office.



4.) Do not define yourself through other people’s eyes.
Who cares what other people think? Do not let others define who you are - all of us are individual and wonderfully made by God. Our differences are what makes life worth living. Be who you are and do not be afraid of who that is.

5.) Laugh often.
Who wants to be sad and down? Laughing is good for you mentally and physically. And don’t be afraid to laugh at yourself.

Ed currently resides in Flower Mound, Texas.

______________________________