Submitted by Monika Mundell

monika mundell is a passionate freelance writer and pro-blogger with clients ranging from corporate to home business entrepreneurs. she is dedicated to helping others where she can and aims to inspire people through her extensive experiences. you can contact Monika through her website or visit her blog.

Here are Monika's "Five Rules For Life":

1.) Be persistent.
Emerson said it best:

"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall".

I live by this principle.

2.) Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
I believe that when we give more than we expect, true magic happens.

3.) Love yourself more than you love others.
I admit, I struggle with this one most of the time. But having said it, I think how can we possibly expect others to love us if we can't love ourselves? Therefore I strive to love myself every single day.

4.) Appreciate what you've been given, no matter how small it is. And live in the moment every day.
This is especially apparent when people all around the world have to suffer from hunger, illness, war, and natural disasters. We really have no reason to complain as long as we have a roof over our heads, a job to feed the family, and health to enjoy life.

5.) Respect thy neighbor.
I was brought up to respect others. It is the first thing I do when I meet a new person or animal. I respect people and nature and in return I get respected by them...it's that simple.

Monika currently resides in Australia.

______________________________