Submitted by Jennine Birrell

jennine birrell is a canadian and a crafter who runs an online craft community called ladybug markets. she is a person who thrives on creating every day, whether it be a handmade stamp or writing in my journal; it is the fuel that keeps her going!

Here are Jennine's "Five Rules For Life":

1.) Define what makes you happy (literally).
If you don't know, then why do you get out of bed and thrive everyday? Give your life substance by defining this for yourself.

2.) Don't underestimate yourself or the power you have to change your life.
Ask yourself if you think your hero doesn't have a bad day, can't pay rent on time, or didn't ask their mom for help. These situations, albeit being hard to get through, truly make us stronger and this is where strength and character are born. Once we ruthlessly acknowledge where we stand right now, we can take the steps forward to change. The first step forward can just be to ask for help!

3.) Stop with the negative thoughts - they are so toxic.
If you tell yourself "I can't", you will start to believe it, and then you won't. If you are unsure, then you can start by saying "I'm going to try". You'll at least get your foot out the door.

4.) If it makes you cry, it's not really worth it.
I used to work as a hairstylist and finally after 9 years I was employed in a job that I thought was top notch. The experience was not nearly what I had imagined it to be, and I would cry in the bathroom almost everyday trying to force myself to like it. Until one day I started visualizing myself being happy again. I quit the job and moved on...to a happier place!

5.) If you love someone, just tell them.
Then give them a hug (this applies to humans and cats)!



Jennine currently resides in Brisbane, Australia.

______________________________